Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Spring is here

Ah, the season of change, and rebirth is finally here! Flowers blooming, birds chirping in the air and bright sun in your face! Finally I can take off my jacket that I've been wearing since October the 1st, and start basking in sunlight every single day =)


Spring's great in Nottingham. Sure, many people would say that spring here is like Malaysia's 'normal' weather, but heck, you are missing the finer points. In UK, we have the famous 4 seasons. Hence, we get to experience the transition between them as well! Ever since I've arrived in fall, leaves were turning gold and brown, preparing for the arrival of winter. Leaves of different colors filling up the sides of the streets, decorating it with wide array of colors was a true sight to marvel at.


The large lake in the Arboeretum covered in leaves and all
( all of the goose and penguins flew back home!
or maybe they just migrated into the next door breakfast in bed inn )


Golden Leaves of auntumn


City view from Nottingham Castle


During the cold winter, we had light rain almost everyday and not forgetting the occasional snow days of course! Waking up to a white Christmas or white outed day was totally great! The trade off was of course the days were getting shorter and night arrives at 3pm!


Miss the snow in my backyard~

Tempting to play snow angels, but if i did it alone, might kena tangkap ke balai =P


Following the lineup was spring, where the days were finally getting longer again. Weather was getting warmer, flowers starting to bloom and the bright sun with perfect cool breeze are back! Well, when you think of it, having 4 seasons ain't so bad is it? As an added bonus, NO MORE PIMPLES, wakakaka~


When you compare all of this to back home in Malaysia where it's either hot or damp all year long ain't it equally as good here? Speaking of which, that reminds me of something...

People often say, that if you don't know how to start a conversation, just ask "How's the weather going?" Well, with it being either hot or dry back home, there isn't much to talk about, is there? XD


Next up, life updates. Class has entered mid way through the 3rd semester. If anyone was following my posts, you'll be glad to know that I finally found a supervisor. Although being a part time lecturer and could only spend a few minutes with me per supervisory session, I seriously appreciate all the effort and help he provided to me so far. As of right now, I just need to finalize my project title, and hopefully my remote robot with a wrist-attached controller can be realized!


Know what? I just noticed that I watched too much of Ben 10 and Martin Mystery to get the whole wrist attached device idea. Well, I will be always a kid at heart! Who doesn't like the idea of a small controller attached to your wrist eh? With a flick of a switch or spin of a simple dial, all kinds of amazing stuff will suddenly happen and appear! HAHA~


It's Hero Time!

Got a weird suggestion from one of my lecturers though. Apparently, she is requesting for me to build a robot with cannons or rocket launchers attached. Yup, you heard me right, CANNONS AND ROCKETZ and she's 50! Apparently someone's been peeing and pooping in her garden, and she needs something to teach the 'barger' a lesson. Hehe, believe it or not, but this actually got my brain juices flowing with excitement! I actually managed to get a rough sketch of the robot and hardware related stuffs under 10 minutes! Woo-pee, one robot fresh from the oven, coming right up! =D


Well, putting the lame jokes aside, I would still need to do lots'a background reading for this topic. Studying for like virtually 5 hours everyday in the library is so not me! I need music, games and MSN and not couples doing dirty talk nor playing catch in the library~


Well, it's work time, so till next time.....

~Ciaoz~

No comments: