Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

SHU Demo

From the momentful night last Friday in Shang Ri La, I finally got to see Mr. TIm Mulroy again for the last 2 days. This time he wasn't here for any mingling or chit chatting, but for our interim demo instead. Arg!!!

First day started off well. My PIC was working, car was working, all was ready. Good things don't last long as they say, and it's so true. :( My car's remote control short circuited and blew, hence now having no means of showing the front end of the project. OH SYET!!! Ok, ok, so had a plan B on Tuesday, use op-amps and directly connect to the car's motor. Yea, problem solved... NOPE, NOT YET!

I think i'm having bad luck again. Since my usual curse of bursting anything i mingle with is back. First of all, I can't even connect the op-amp properly, as it is just as simple as connecting the legs here and there. That's freakingly weird @.@. Then after finishing the config, I was stunned on why it is not driving the car's motor. Turns out to be that the speed motor has also burnt! OMG!!!! At least the servo motor is still ok. But, am i just going to demo turning left and right from the servo meh?

Haiz, so ended up demo-ing the PIC and some circuits in Multisim. What a stupid retard event. What are the chances of the car blowing up just on the day before demo day? Still, another event stunned me more. Despite the many malfunctions and misshaps from me and anothe group member, my group leader seems unphased. Ok, acceptable, as a group leader, he must remain calm all the time. BUT... he totally freaked out when he lost a pair of scissors that belonged to our supervisor. And when I said freak out, I mean it! Shouting all about for it, searching high and low, complaining and whining a bit... (-.-)" What were the odds man.

My legs are already cramping up from gym and walking in curve, cineleisure and Tesco today. Was shirt hunting for prom. Now torn between a grey sleeveless cardigan or a slick black vest. Personally pick vest, and already have a clear image of what i want to wear now. So, just hope that I can find something cheap and slick by Thursday :P

Signing off due to lack of leg strength...

No comments: