Pages

Monday, November 2, 2009

Finally, it's a month! Time to pay privellege

IT'S OFFICIAL!!! I've been cooped up in nottingham City for a month! Truthfully to say that I don't miss home would be lying to myself. Still, living in nottingham is GREAT and I wouldn't have it any other way! To start off, I'm living in the City itself, but not to near to the bustling city centre. So, you can kinda say that my neighbourhood's just nice and the only way to describe it, is the typical 'hood' environment. yea, you hear me, the 'hood'!



My landlord Mr. nandha is superbly nice as he gave us a large appartment/house, with loads of perks, such as a 20 Mb/s line, 40 inch LCD TV, washing machine, oven, kitches, ya' know, the usual appliances. Of course, all of them are included in the weekly 70 Pounds rent! Not to mention, he even subsidized our Tram and Bus Passes for a whole year!!! How KEWL is that?!?Some accomodations don't even have all of them, and they are paying for the same price! So, three cheers for Mr. Nandha, (Yeep yeep, Hurray! x3) Well, you don't expect me to copy paste three times do yea? =D



When I first arrived, everything was in a TERRIBLE MESS though. My bank wasn't settled, fees didn't get through, course scheduling was still midway being processed, GP (General Practitioner) problems, transportation issues and so dam much more. Of course, we have the handy dandy Malaysian Society here! Just one call, and the problems were solved! (LOL, did they just sound like an appliance that i just bought from a TV show?) Ahem... Anyways, thanks to some of them, i was able to get all most of the issues settled out rather quickly. I did say most right, coz I did settled most of the things by myself! Grown Boy Di mah. Hahakz hence, a proper thanks to the entire gang ^^


As for classes, they are quite boring. No, SERIOUSLY! It's bad enough to have 4 sems as compared to the traditional 3 sems course, I only get 2 weeks of inter-term time Holidays! Well, it's a Masters course after all. So can't complain much. Putting that aside, my 1st sem has 2 modules ONLY (keke, laughing on the inside....) which totals up to 2 or 3 classes a week only (KAKA, laughing even more on the inside! ). The first module is Software Engineering 1, whereby it's COMPULSORY!). So, i'm basically relearning my C++ which is something that I Had learnt and applied for 3 whole years!!! You can guess it by now that i'm mostly napping in class =P



The second module is Smart Engineering and Natural COmputing, and this time I'm RELEARNING MATALAB pulak! Another one that I've been using for 4 years~ OMG... relearning from scratch and all is so VERY BORING~ At least I'm finishing my assignments on time ^^ Speaking of which, this SENC Module's 1st assignment is very interesting. I'm given a share market graph of a certain year, and expected to make a projection forecast for the following month! Not only it's fun, but who would have thought that has something to do with smart computing? Watch out you share market swindlers out there, I'm so going to put you out of business! Haha!!!!



So,
Accomodation ranting, CHECKED
Malaysian Society, CHECKED
Complaining about Classes, CHECKED
Assignment ranting, CHECKED ^^


What's left is, I so need to workout again! the flabs are BACK!!! I went to the free student gym in Clifton (outside the Main City), and it's sooooo under-equipped! Can hardly do anything proper there! HELP ME~~


Besides that, got nothing more to say except, I'M ACTUALLY COOKING everyday! What an achievement! Tears of joy are rolling down now, >.<


~Ciaoz~

No comments: