Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Summer and 2 weeks of freedom

Was supposed to type a new post on "Top 5 Things about Simon Lee" but lets leave that aside for now. As some might have noticed, summer break has started and I'm finally free from my torment! 10 assignments or assessments as you call it in one month was a true thriller~


Anyhow, summer is here, and I got 2 weeks of official holidays from uni! Truth be told, I should actually be doing my masters project, but even I deserve some break. I'm human after all right? =)


So, for this upcoming week, I'll be in York Shopping, Hull sightseeing, Sheffield Chilling, London tourist-ing and maybe Liverpool to visit and old friend. When I look back on my plans, they do seem a bit tad too much, BUT I do need the break from uni stuffs. After all, I'll be tortured again for another 4 months.


Well, like I said in my previous post, summer holidays would mean most of the people I know or befriended here in Notts are back in their respective home countries. Although some remained, still for those that went back, I would miss them dearly. Reason being, either they are coming back or not, I won;t be here after November, and these few days were the last chance I will ever see them. Brings a teardrop doesn't it? :(


Hence these last few days were coffee with lots of people. The funny thing is, I've been drinking more coffee this week than what I normally drink during assignment hand in weeks. What a joke indeed! Btw, does everyone know that football or THE 'World Cup' fever is back? Since I'm not a real footie myself, I'll just cheer for whoever is winning :P


This season's trophy


Quote a friend's nick on msn : "I support guys who do not watch FIFA world cup"
Anyone wanna join his petition? LOL


Today was slightly different from 'Coffee Days' as it was Movie day! Finally got to watch Prince of Persia, Sands of Time which I've been itching to do so since weeks ago. Overall I liked it coz it's a game to movie thing AGAIN. Since I don't personally own a PS3 and hence I haven;t played it, but I had watched the cinematics of it, played from a friend's console and even played the original. Wonder if anyone remembers it...


Not bad, for a Disney flick =)

The future, come and meet the past...


Original PoP (Prince of Persia) where you go jumping from plane to plane finding access to new floors and dungeons


and the occasional booby traps you'll encounter on the way


Overall I would give it a rating of 9 out of 10 for the cool graphics and stuffs. ALthough some might say it's cheesy, some parts were lacking, yadee yadee yadaa~ as a gamer myself, I love it when I get to see games I played comes to real life on screen. It's better than watching 1 3D character then you can repeatedly kill and select load to revive him right?


Speaking of game to movies, am patiently waiting for Avatar: The Last Airbender to come out in the cinema. Fans been waiting for almost 4 years for the movie, and it's finally coming out! Yay Nickelodeon for the effort and thank god it's not a small girl who'll be playing Aang =) [fans who watched the series would understand what I mean, haha! ]


From the ruthless iron and machine based Fire nation, to the nomadic and peaceful monks of the Air Nomads, Fierce and Courageous Hunters of the Water Tribe and the stable and tradition keeping farmers and soldiers of the Earth Nation, War will break loose. Seriously can't wait!


So, that's all I have to blog about this time. Just finished packing for my trip up to York and Hull for the weekends, so will be MIA from facebook and MSN for a few days. Till then, ciaoz world!

P/S : How on earth do you update pic tweets on your mobile? O.o





No comments: