Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

body of 24

Updates time~

Now that the writer's block season has passed, let's have another post shall we? ^^

I guess the topic of the week shall be something vain. Guess what', this blog post is all about my health and fitness. So, for the faint hearted and easily bored ones, you'd better click alt + F4 now, wahahaha!


After 6 months of returning to the gym, my body is finally back to normal! (Well almost normal). Upon returning from abroad, my weight dropped from my initial 65 kgs down to a mere whopping 62 kgs. Well, this ain't such as a happy feat as it sounds as even losing weight has it's own stories of blood and tears. Anyhow, after being back in the land of abundant food, my weight could only go up by point five (0.5) kgs no thanks to my amazing metabolisme! This only meant that the muscles that I built up in the past year prior to the trip was gone for good~


Sensing the impending  danger like any other over self aware teen (coughs coughs~~), the whole mission of going to the gym restarted after a year long of hiatus. Through countless workouts, push ups and panting from cardios on the treadmill, I'm finally a bit closer to achieving my optimum body weight. A very vain thing to say indeed, but I'm kinda proud of it ^^




The real story of this post begins now. Just the otherday I was approached by the trainers and was offered a few free sessions along with a full body analysis or something. Well, being gullible as I am usually am, I just cheerfully accepted the deal. It was the body analysis that actually managed to shock me the most. Normally you would expect the results to be disappointing right?


Well, being the owner of our own bodies, one would always assume that as long as the perception of one's body is not good, you'll be actually hoping for a bad result. No difference here as I was standing on the BMI machine, letting the weird looking thing taking my many readings and such.


Ok, and here's the machine's verdict.
  • I'm officially 66.4 kgs in weight - This is 2 kg less muscle mass from my optimum weight
  • My core and arms have balanced fat to muscle ratio - So I guess it's balance gua. No over sized hulk arms at the very least
  • Low heart beat rate - A potential low blood pressure syndrome which is not suprising as I'm always sensitive to temperature changes
  • About 10% of total body fat - the average for Malaysian Males
  • legs have 5% more fat than it is supposed to have - Two words says it all, 'Fat Heavy Arse' :)
  • and finally, the most suprising one of all, I have a body and health of a 24 year old. - Well, a bit of a bad news should be in the mix right? (and yes, i'm not 24 yet!

So with this kinda results, it's kinda mix feelings of either being a good or bad news. At a glance,e it seems rather right to call this the bringer of good news as my workout has been slightly paying off. It's just the abs that's still lacking. On the other hand, this proves that I've gotta work even harder for my health and body. Arg, the agony~

No comments: