Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Morality Issues

Ever since Standard 1, we were though moral in school. Being 'dyed' with what one might call ideal moral values, how on earth would these group of children grow up to be wrong right? Naturally, one would expect that once these group of children grow up, they would be responsible adults. Well, who wouldn't, if they knew the basic boundaries of acting courteous from being a complete rude person.


Simple yet complicated for many

Well, I've been itching to finish this post up ever since 2 weeks ago. Time sure has a way of keeping me tied up while fleeting away due to my new job, and social life, I've just been completing this post word by word, day by day. This particular morality issue didn't even occur to be a problem to me, until i started riding the monorail to work.


Like what I've stated before, Malaysian have been taught moral studies as early as primary school and all the way up to uni life. But thanks to the natural human nature of 'some', such stuff are useless. Replies like "I can score moral with A's since it's just memorizing" or "Moral is useless, I'm already good enough" are amongst other usual colundrums that you would normally hear. Well, reality check, all things happen for a good reason!


Thanks to 'meat-heads' like them, we ended up in a community that's so career and money driven till the point of depriving themselves of the most common of values. My delicate anger switch was finally triggered when I saw how rude Malaysians and public transport were. My story this time fully revolves around the monorail that I've been using for the past 1 month. Frankly 1 month isn't a long time, and yet I see may such occurrences happening everyday.

This is how the monorail is every morning. It reeks of smell!


Imagine seeing people rushing into the monorail when it arrives, hitting and pushing everyone else so that they can enter faster. In the midst of this all, pregnant ladies are sandwiched, feeble elderlies are knocked down, and poor old me even got slammed onto the wall from excess squeezing of people - sardine style. Well, I just don't get the idea of rushing into the monorail at all! Since the monorail is man driven, and he'll wait till everyone gets onboard, what's the logic behind the rushing, pushing and rude shoving of arms into other's faces just to be one man faster!?! Best part yet, when an empty monorail cart reached the station, everyone still pushes and rushes while getting in. Oh come one, how less intelligent or patient can we get? Seriously, and you guys call yourselves matured adults?

"Mommy, I'll protect you~"

If the physical actions weren't enough, some would even go to the extent of cursing and eye-swearing (act of intense and passionate eye staring. Not to be mistaken with love natured ones ^^) at the passengers in the cart who they presume to caused the human congestion.

The famous stare of death. One stare and you'll turn to..... stone?

Unfortunately, I got stuck standing next to them, while listening to their 15 min of 'passionate' words. The highlight was when we were entering the following cart, she not only pushed me physically by hitting my back, but her friend was hitting my sides trying to hasten the line. Isn't that assault in some way? Oh yea, did I mention that they were young girls? Even after glaring back at them, they just ignored it by turning their face away. If it wasn't because I believe in valor and chivalry, I would have smacked them there and then! (Please excuse the sudden anger breakout, Just needed to vent!


This reminds me of the instance of HoneyMahdu from Fly.FM who conducted a radio interview. The questio was 'What do you think of girls?' and the guy answered "Girls should just be nice'. Well, not being a sexist here, but fact remains, we are still rude people, despite how travel campaigns promote us as nice and warm people. Did you k ow even HSBC consumer ranking ranked Malaysia as the 9th friendliest country in the world (ref yahoo)? Well, isn't that a brain teaser now! XD

Enough ranting or I'll end up as the 'Ranting Sweed' again. For now, back to work.

Ciaoz~


P/S : Extra anger rant here. When I say that I work at the bank's HQ in KL, I stress that I DO NOT SELL CREDIT CARDS! How more dumb can you get? JEEZ!

2 comments:

TC Tham said...

you seems very angered over this it seems. cheer up bro

Unknown said...

anger is not even the right word. it's more of a disgusted kinda feel