Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

Anti Cams

And yet, another boring week solemnly creeps by without me noticing. As melodramatic as it sounds, I actually did something rather peculiar this week. While waiting for my MSc results to be released, was actually reading some books! Yup, you've heard me right, ironic right?


Well, since I had so much spare time in my hand, I decided to read some books that I've brought over from Malaysia and those that I bought over here in Nottingham from back in May! Judging from the bookmarks of each book, I'm sure one hell of a lazy reader. (Blames it all on busy uni life!). For the past week, been actually piling up more and more interest in one of my later books 'The Digital Photography Handbook'.


I'm still reading books even after my studies has ended!


Sure some might say "Why on earth did you buy such stuffs? Ain't most of the stuffs common sense?". Well, the first few chapters are agreeable, but heck, unless I read something that is off a printed book, I'll never find any information legitimate. :-p


The book itself ain't half bad. Gotta learn the basic stuff of photography and the reason of choices of added equipments that come with it. Who knew there were so many tricks and tips for taking the 'right photo'. One important thing that I'm still working on is using the famous 'Golden Axis Rule' of photography. No wonder most of my holiday pics look out of proportions...


Some might say, "just go get yourself a high end camera and it'll solve everything". I may not own a SLR (Single Light Reflect) or DSLR (digital ver.), but heck I have a handy dandy Nikon Coolpix which was given to me by my dad. Most might not know, but I treasure it a lot, to the point of not letting anyone else besides me using it. Still, a digicam is good enough for me, as I'm a travelling compact photographer. Those bulky ones are just meant for a more professional line of job. Heck, I don't even have the peas and brains of using a camera professionally yet, let alone taking top notch photos.


Isn't this retarded, using a camera to take a photo of another camera
Epic~! XD

This reminds me of a hateful mindset that only beautiful pictures taken by high end DSLR's as the can have more pixels in their photos. Well newsflash, it's not! DSLR just eases the process of photo taking with loads of high tech gadgets pre-installed. A normal digital camera can do equally the same work, but just needs more experience and knowledge of use. This is kinda like the analogy of choosing an auto or manual geared car.


Well, if you are the landscape picture lover, a DSLR is terrific due to the high details. But if you are the trigger happy kind and only store your pics on social sites and on your computer, a typical 6 to 10 mega pix camera is more than sufficient, since higher details are meant for large prints. But oh well, since half of my friends own a DSLR or equivalent, I can't say more or I'll be sleeping with the fishes tonight!


Anyhow, results came out last night and got a borderline distinction. Could have gotten higher since I only had one module that scored low, thus bringing EVERYTHING down. FYI, that module was due to miss information by the module leader, thus giving me just 3 days in completing the given work. No compensation was even given to me afterwards. Well, at least I will be graduating with a distinction, unless the final exam board decides to lower it again. Tough luck for me as I seriously poured in lots of effort. Nothing left to do but to wait till graduation.




Signing off,

~Ciaoz~

No comments: